Post of Senior Lecturer Grade I / II/ Lecturer (unconfirmed) /Lecturer (Prob) – Faculty of Technology
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
University of Jaffna will entertain applications from the qualified persons for the post of Senior Lecturer Grade I / Senior Lecturer Grade II/ Lecturer (unconfirmed) /Lecturer (Probationary) in *Biosystems Technology / **Engineering Technology / ***Interdisciplinary Studies.
* For positions in Biosystems Technology, special consideration will be given to those who have degrees in Biosytems Technology or any other related degrees specialized in one or more of the following fields:
- Food production Technology/Food Science and Technology/Food Science
- Commercial Green farming Technology/Agricultural Science
**For positions in Engineering Technology, special consideration will be given to those who have degrees in Technology or Engineering, specialized in one or more of the following fields;
- Construction Technology/Civil Engineering
- Automobile Technology/Mechanical Engineering
- Electro Technology/Electrical & Electronic Engineering
***For positions in Interdisciplinary Studies, special consideration will be given to those who have degrees in following fields;
- Physical Science graduates who have special degree in Mathematics with the combination of either physics or computer science.
- Graduates who have obtained Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) degree specialized in Human Resource Management.
Those who applied for the above posts in response to the advertisement dated 26.01.2022 (Closing date 28.02.2022) are not required to apply again. However if they wish to update with recent achievements or qualifications, they are advised to apply again in response to this advertisement.
Special Note: After processing the applications, appointments will be made in concurrence with UGC and the Treasury.
Posts Salary scales
Senior Lecturer Grade I Rs.91,310-7 x 2,170-106,500/-p.m
Senior Lecturer Grade II Rs.79,360-11 x 1,630-97,290/-p.m
Lecturer (Unconfirmed) Rs.69,580-5 x 1,630-77,730/-p.m
Lecturer (Probationary) Rs.54,600-10 x 1,335-67,950/-p.m
In addition to the above salary,
- The following allowances will be paid as the percentage of the basic salary:i)
- Academic allowance
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II – 151%
- Lecturer (Unconfirmed) – 131%
- Lecturer (Probationary) – 115%
- Research allowance – 35% (Payable to the Academic Staff based on the research activity)
- Additional monthly allowance – 20%
- Cost of living allowance of Rs.7,800/-p.m.
- Monthly allowance of Rs.5,000/-
- Sabbatical leave entitlement as per the existing UGC Circulars
- Membership in Universities Provident Fund and Pension Scheme in the University system
- Gratuity payments
- Employees’ Trust Fund benefits
- Free Medical Services
Applications should reach us on or before 05.06.2023.
- Application Form
- Scheme of Recruitments (Non Medical, Dental)
- Referee Report Form (Non Medical, Dental)
Applicants are requested to send the prescribed application form downloaded from the University website with the paid bank slip for the deposit of a sum of Rs.100/- credited to the Peoples Bank in favour of University of Jaffna Collection Account Number: 970000090000387 of Bursar, University of Jaffna.
The candidates who apply for more than one post should submit separate application for each along with separate bank slip. The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Perfected applications shall be sent to the Deputy Registrar/Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka under registered post with the photocopies of Statement of the Degrees and Service Certificates. Submission of applications will not be entertained in person.
Applicants from the University System/Government Departments /Corporations and Statutory Board should channel their applications through the Head of respective institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
Applications and referee reports should be in the relevant format. Incomplete and illegible applications and applications received after the closing date will be rejected without intimation. Only short- listed applicants will be called for an interview.
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA.